Human Rights Educator
Human Rights Defense Curaçao (HRDC) is a non-governmental organization, for the protection
of human rights of all inhabitants of Curaçao.
Our vision is to strive for an equitable, intercultural, and inclusive Curaçaoan society in which the
universal rights and freedoms of all inhabitants are truly respected. This is irrespective of their gender,
ethnicity, age or legal status.
HRDC is looking for a Human Rights Educator for 40 hours per week. This project focusses on
strengthening protection and legal pathways for Venezuelans in Curaçao. You will be responsible for
promoting knowledge and awareness about human rights to stakeholders of the private and public
sectors of the Curaçao community. As the human rights educator your goal is to empower and equip
people with the knowledge and skills they need to claim and defend their rights.
– Develop training and educational materials
– Train key actors from various strategic stakeholder groups through organized roundtables and
– Develop human rights trainings that provides pedagogical tools and strategies to strengthen
client’s capacities in topics such as inclusion, intercultural thinking, prevention of gender-based
violence, and the rights of refugees and of children and adolescents (including international
protections and a child’s right to education)
– Connect with external human rights experts to partner in the training program
– Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, international relations, law, communication,
anthropology, or a relevant discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
– 5 years of work experience relevant to education and development or 3 years of experience
with a master’s degree.
– You are aware of relevant human rights treaties and articles
– Experience in developing and setting up projects and/or activities based on research in the field
of promoting the protection of human rights
– Knowledge of developing and executing curriculum and training materials
– Excellent verbal, written, and oral skills. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary
– Fluent in English and Spanish and Papiamentu. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
– Affinity with the cause of human rights and the local culture of Curaçao
Please send your CV and motivation letter by August 14, 2022, to Mr. Richard Delfina at
email@example.com. For more information you can call Mr. Richard Delfina at +599 9 788 0126
between 10.00 A.M. and 12.00 NOON on Monday through Wednesday